There has been much written about the key to success. Volumes of books about success fill libraries and book stores. Many people hold themselves out as experts on how to be successful.
I believe, though, that there is one simple way to become successful.
As my kids’ former tennis coach, Coach Mark, used to say:
Consistency is key.
He always said if the kids would show up on a regular basis and practice their drills consistently, they would see positive results. You know what? They did!
We can apply that same principle of consistency to our own lives.
Here are a few examples of how consistency can bring success to our lives:
- If I consistently eat healthy food and move more, I will see increased energy and weight loss.
- If I consistently write blog posts and am consistent with social media, I will see more traffic on my blog and will be able to help more women.
- If I consistently follow through with routines I’ve set up for myself, I will have a cleaner, less cluttered home and will find myself feeling productive and at peace.
- If I consistently spend time reading and studying God’s Word as well as praying, I will deepen my relationship with God and will be in tune to what He’d have me do.
- If I consistently show up to work at my part-time job with a good attitude, I’ll get my work done well and will be seen as a responsible employee who can be trusted to get things done.
If you feel like you’re not reaching the level of success you want, take a look at what you are doing.
Are you being consistent in your work? Or, are you just going with the flow by letting life happen to you instead of you planning your life?
A word of caution: Just because we are doing things consistently does not mean we will see results right away.
I promise you, though, if you put in the work consistently, you will see results.